Monday, January 8, 2018

Something Different. . .


My final City of the World was Honolulu. Guess most of you tired out or were still hung over as only Tony and Joani checked in. Jim was a few thousand miles to the east in Kyoto.

So what next???


After looking over my images from 2017, I realized I don't have enough to fill up one year's worth of postings. So I decided to share with you one of my themes.

For 2018, the main focus will be industrial. Over the past two-plus years, I have managed to shoot the insides of some very interesting buildings.

Since I have gone the "industrial" route, I thought I'd let you try your best guess as to some of the most impressive inventions of all-time. I'll give as much of a hint as possible without giving away the answer. 


And, we'll sift through the remaining "Murphy's Laws" that we opened up last year.

Perhaps, I can find some humorous items to finish off the weekly blog.

Are you ready?


"Triple X Escape"



This image was shot at the rear of the Stone Mill in Lawrence during the annual Scott Kelby Photowalk. For the second year I decided to drive the distance and meet up with the organizers of this walk off Ret. 495. The previous year we had ten photographers while for 2017, there were about forty-five!

At each photowalk the organizers select one image to represent the group and send that off to Kelby. For the past two years both of my images were the "Chosen Ones!" For me, it was the patterns with the criss-crossed ladders and the colorful doorways.


Greatest Inventions of All Time!
Recently I came across an article about the greatest inventions as determined by a large group of scientists, philosophers, educators, and other professionals. Their task was to create a list of "The Greatest Inventions of All Time." Conveniently, the final list numbered fifty! so, I'm starting with #50 and working my way down to Numero Uno in December.

Fear not as I will offer you some hints as to what the invention was.

#50
Our first invention was patented in 1834 by Hiram Moore and was credited with mechanizing the farm thus allowing those working the land more time to do other types of work around the farm! This device did the reaping, threshing, and willowing in one process! 



Murphy's Laws


Man In The Street Law

The number of people watching you is 
directly proportional to the stupidity of your action.


Leaving You with a Laugh, I Hope. . .






No comments:

Post a Comment