Monday, March 5, 2018

#42 - "Hooked!"



#43 was the abacus! Well done my little calculating friends - Michelle, Elaine, Joani, Mike, and Doris returned for this one! Tough one this week. . .




"Hooked!"





Dilemma? Should I post "Hooked" in Color or B&W? Tough call, so you got both! 

These large chains and the hook were dangling in a corner of the Boston Waterworks Museum. I must have walked around it a half-dozen times looking for just the right angle to capture it. I was able to blacken out the background giving the chains a more defined look and feel.

So, Color or B&W????


Greatest Inventions of All Time!
Recently I came across an article about the greatest inventions as determined by a large group of scientists, philosophers, educators, and other professions. Their task was to create a list of "the Greatest Inventions of All Time." Conveniently, the final list numbered fifty! so, I'm starting with #50 and working my way down to Numero Uno in December.

Fear not as I will offer you some hints as to what the invention was.


#42

#42 was first developed in Tang Dynasty in China during the 7th century, although this true invention did not appear until the 11th century, during the Song Dynasty. Its usage later spread throughout the Mongol Empire. 

European explorers like Marco Polo introduced the concept in Europe during the 13th century. Napoleon issued this in the early 1800s.


Originally precious metals were the main method until #42 became popular!

Sorry, it's the best I can do with this one. . .


Murphy's Laws



Montgomery's Maxim. . .

If at first you don't succeed -
read the manual!


Leaving You with a Laugh, I Hope. . .

"And, Keep the Change. . ."



No comments:

Post a Comment