Monday, April 30, 2018

#34 - "Built to Last"



#35 was oil refining. Most of you wanted to blow up the invention with either gunpowder or nitro. Sorry for the vague clues on some of these - thanks for responding Mike, Joani, Elaine, Peyton, Tony, and Michelle. I will not divulge the only correct responder's name!




"Built to Last"



At the Stone Mill. . .
Several walks up and down the former mill was not giving me much for which to stop and set up. I saw this plumbing connection. I was moderately surprised not to see it coated in layers of paint. 

Proof positive that desperate times call for desperate measures - hence this image!


Greatest Inventions of All Time!
Recently I came across an article about the greatest inventions as determined by a large group of scientists, philosophers, educators, and other professions. Their task was to create a list of "the Greatest Inventions of All Time." Conveniently, the final list numbered fifty! so, I'm starting with #50 and working my way down to Numero Uno in December.

Fear not as I will offer you some hints as to what the invention was.

#34 (This should be easy to make up for the last few. . .)

#34 was named after the Pope who introduced it in October 1582.

It was a refinement to the one already in use throughout the world. One of the prime reasons for this drastic change was Easter. #34 was first adopted by the Catholic countries of Europe while Protestant and Eastern Orthodox states used the traditional one.


The last European country to adopt this was Greece in 1923.

I realize these clues are not very helpful so if you still need help, go to the bottom of this week's blog for multiple choices. . . 

Murphy's Laws


Kaplan's Law of the Instrument. . .


Give a small boy a hammer and 
he will find that everything he encounters - 
needs pounding!


Leaving You with a Laugh, I Hope. . .




1.  Holy Communion       2. The Rosary     
3. The Bible     4. Gregorian Calendar



No comments:

Post a Comment