Monday, May 21, 2018

#31 - "Tightly Coiled"


#32 was the cotton gin! Great memory recall from Peyton, Milt, Elaine, Joani, Mike, and Michelle (extra credit for responding from recent surgery).




"Tightly Coiled"



The Haul of Fame was one fun shoot. I was planning on a return trip this year after a light snowfall but that never happened - not the snow but my scheduling it!

This was one of the springs on a rusting earth-moving machine. For me, the final shot is usually a part of the whole rather than the whole. I could have focused on the entire tire assembly area but I felt this tightly coiled spring told the story I was looking for.


Greatest Inventions of All Time!
Recently I came across an article about the greatest inventions as determined by a large group of scientists, philosophers, educators, and other professions. Their task was to create a list of "the Greatest Inventions of All Time." Conveniently, the final list numbered fifty! so, I'm starting with #50 and working my way down to Numero Uno in December.

Fear not as I will offer you some hints as to what the invention was.

#31

This Greek scientist is believed to have designed one of the first water pumps, a device that pushed water up a tube. It transformed irrigation and remains in use today at many sewage-treatment plants.



I realize these clues are not very helpful so if you still need help, go to the bottom of this week's blog for multiple choices. . . 



Murphy's Laws


 Julian's Law. . .


If it says "one size fits all," 
it doesn't fit anyone.



Leaving You with a Laugh, I Hope. . .

"Dryer Miracle"



1. Pythorius Drill      2. Archimedes Screw  
3. Darius Well          4. Zorba's Combine


No comments:

Post a Comment