Monday, October 29, 2018

#8 - "Stone Mill II"



#9 was the Internet! Glitch with #9 invention kept this week's blog out of the homes of hundreds of my followers. It appears those out-of-state (Peyton, Joani, and Mike Di.) fared better than the home-grown ones! 




"Stone Mill II"



 The Stone Mill was the meeting location for my Scott Kelby 2016 Photo Walk. Because of the threat of rain, I decided to drive the extra distance as there was an option to shoot indoors. And, did it rain - many of the other Walks in New England were cancelled. So we spent a great part of our shoot inside the old mills.

I walked by this shot a few times knowing that there was something there. The lighting and the contrast on the building was causing me concern. With my trusty tripod in hand, I went the way of HDR as I took five shots of this from an over exposure of 2 stops to an under one of 2 stops as well. Then with the help of PhotoShop and NIK filters I was able to combine them into this final frame.

Each Photo Walk leader is allowed to choose one image from his group to submit to Kelby for further honors. My "Stone Mill" was the 2016 Choice for the Lawrence Mills Shoot! (ED Note - my 2017 shot also took top honors in my photo group!)


Greatest Inventions of All Time!
Recently I came across an article about the greatest inventions as determined by a large group of scientists, philosophers, educators, and other professions. Their task was to create a list of "the Greatest Inventions of All Time." Conveniently, the final list numbered fifty! so, I'm starting with #50 and working my way down to Numero Uno in December.

Fear not as I will offer you some hints as to what the invention was.

Getting closer to Numero Uno!!

#8 


is the administration of an antigenic to stimulate an individual’s immune system to develop adaptive immunity to a pathogen. They can prevent or ameliorate infectious diseases. When a sufficiently large percentage of a population has gone through #8, herd immunity results. It is the most effective method of preventing infectious diseases; widespread immunity is largely responsible for the worldwide eradication of smallpox and polio, measles, etc. 

Murphy's Laws


Jones' Law (aka Nixon's Law). . .


The man who can smile when things go wrong -- 
has thought of someone he can blame it on.


Leaving You with a Laugh, I Hope. . .

"iPhone Accessory"


No comments:

Post a Comment