Monday, November 5, 2018

#7 - "Downspout Patina"



#8 was vaccination! Heard from Elaine, Milt, Peyton, Joani, Mike, Jeff W. and Doris! Not too late to get your flu shot!




"Downspout Patina"



This downspout was almost a missed shot. I was driving home from shooting some lighthouses in CT when I noticed an old stone church on the corner. I drove another two minutes down the road before I decided it was worth making a u-turn. The building was a small chapel on the grounds of an old cemetery -  the Avery Cemetery Chapel. I shot the structure from several angles before I noticed this downspout. It had character in its design and its patina. Although I thought the chapel looked best as a monochromatic, I had to allow those viewing this to see it as it was shot - that green against the stone!


Greatest Inventions of All Time!
Recently I came across an article about the greatest inventions as determined by a large group of scientists, philosophers, educators, and other professions. Their task was to create a list of "the Greatest Inventions of All Time." Conveniently, the final list numbered fifty! so, I'm starting with #50 and working my way down to Numero Uno in December.

Fear not as I will offer you some hints as to what the invention was.

#7

Late 19th century
#7 turned air and fuel into power, eventually replacing the steam engine (No. 10)

The first commercially successful device was created by Lenoir around 1859 and the first modern one was created in 1876 by Nikolaus Otto.

#7 usually refers to a machine with two-stroke pistons, along with variants, such as the six-stroke and the Wankel Rotary. Firearms are also a form of #7.


Typically #Seven is fed with fossil fuels like natural gas or petroleum products. There is a growing usage renewable fuels. Hydrogen is sometimes used, and can be obtained from either fossil fuels or renewable energy.



Murphy's Laws


 Lynch's Law. . .


When the going gets tough, 
everybody leaves.



Leaving You with a Laugh, I Hope. . .

"Appreciation"


No comments:

Post a Comment