Monday, November 12, 2018

#6 - "Unplugged!"



#7 was the internal combustible engine! Can't fool this group - Elaine, Mike, Tony, Peyton, and Joani!




"Unplugged!"



When I reached the top floor of the Stone Mill, I saw a strange-looking object at the far end. It looked like an electric chair! It had the wires connecting to it and the head gear I had seen on TV. I thought this would make a most interesting capture. There was a guy fiddling around in front of it and I thought he would never leave. Turns out he was the man who crafted this chair. 

Well, he did leave me alone with his device so all I needed was a subject to sit in it. Not seeing anyone around, I decided to ghost it. This is when you have a long exposure and you position yourself in the frame for upwards of half of that exposure time. After several experiments, I had it just right!

Of course, I checked the plugs just BEFORE I sat down EVERY time!  


Greatest Inventions of All Time!
Recently I came across an article about the greatest inventions as determined by a large group of scientists, philosophers, educators, and other professions. Their task was to create a list of "the Greatest Inventions of All Time." Conveniently, the final list numbered fifty! so, I'm starting with #50 and working my way down to Numero Uno in December.

Fear not as I will offer you some hints as to what the invention was.

#6

second century

“The idea of stamping images is natural if you have #6, but until then, it’s economically unaffordable.” — Charles C. Mann

 It is a thin material produced by pressing together moist fibres of cellulose pulp derived from wood, rags, or grasses and drying them into flexible sheets. It is a versatile material with many uses, including writing, printing packaging, cleaning, and a number of industrial and construction processes.


The pulp making process is said to have been developed in China during the early 2nd century, possibly as early as the year 105 AD by the Han court although the earliest archaeological fragments of #6 derive from the 2nd century BC in China. The modern industry is global, with China leading its production and the United States right behind it.


Murphy's Laws


Journalistic Principle. . .


If a headline ends in a question mark, 
the answer is no.


Leaving You with a Laugh, I Hope. . .

"Between Two Evils"


No comments:

Post a Comment