Monday, December 17, 2018

#1 - "Trashed!"


#2 was electricity! Peyton, Tony, Mike, Milt, and Joani lit their bulbs for this one1




"Trashed!



As I wrapped up a model shoot inside this East Bridgewater Abandoned Factory, I noticed this trash barrel outside the back door. It had character and potential for a grunge look.

After five minutes with PS and my NIK family of filters, I got this final image. Right away I knew it had to be part of my "industrials!"


Greatest Inventions of All Time!
Recently I came across an article about the greatest inventions as determined by a large group of scientists, philosophers, educators, and other professions. Their task was to create a list of "the Greatest Inventions of All Time." Conveniently, the final list numbered fifty! so, I'm starting with #50 and working my way down to Numero Uno in December.

Fear not as I will offer you some hints as to what the invention was.

#1 Greatest Invention of All time. . .

Almost 90% of those responding choose this to be the greatest invention of all time! You have benefitted from it greatly most of your life. Top Fifty Invention author, Dyson described its invention as the turning point at which “knowledge began freely replicating and quickly assumed a life of its own.”

#1 is a device for applying pressure to an inked surface resting upon a medium (such as paper or cloth), thereby transferring the ink. It marked a dramatic improvement on earlier methods in which the cloth, paper or other medium was brushed or rubbed repeatedly to achieve the transfer of ink, and accelerated the process. Typically used for texts, the invention and its global spread was one of the most influential events in the second millennium.


Johannes Gutenberg, a goldsmith by profession, developed, circa 1439, a system by adapting existing technologies.



Murphy's Laws


Panic Instruction. . .


When you don't know what to do, 
walk fast and look worried.


Leaving You with a Laugh, I Hope. . .

"Tree Delivery Service"


No comments:

Post a Comment