Monday, October 21, 2013

# 291 - "Reflections. . ."



“You’ve gotta taste the light, and when you see light like this, trust me, it’s like a strawberry sundae with sprinkles.” 
     - Joe McNally




f/22 @ 3 sec. ISO 200 on a tripod   Polarizer



Sunrise at Otter Rocks and Cliff 

For Challenge #14, “Duck Brook Scenic” another photo friend and I had the landscape to ourselves. Here another thirty photographers surrounded me – all positioned and waited for the rising sun. Being extremely careful about NOT being in the sight lines of those set up behind us, we arrived early, very early! I found a comfortable rock (now, there’s an oxymoron, if I ever heard one) to squat upon and wait for the light. A few test shots to check my histogram and what was in the viewfinder and I was ready.

Reflecting back to that cobblestoned beach, I think I would have appreciated that strawberry sundae Joe mentioned. After seeing what came out of my camera and computer, I’m glad I opted for the images instead of the ice cream delight AND less calories!

Must have been a slow day for my blogees (those who follow blogs) as I had double digit responses - EMO, Michelle, Peyton, Mrs. Beth, Mrs. Vicky, Tony, Jeff W., Joyce, Joani, Michael P., Michael K., Phil, and Liz!

Bonus Image



Later in the afternoon in Monument Valley, I booked the "Mystery Valley Tour" which can only be done with a Navajo guide. Clint took us off the beaten path on roads, make that, trails to see places like, "Eye of the Sun." It was an amazing tour of land not too often visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment