Monday, October 28, 2013

# 298 "Reflection. . ."


I never have taken a picture I’ve intended. They’re always better or worse. - Diane Arbus




f/8 @ 1/250 sec. ISO 200 on a tripod   Polarizer


Blue Lagoon Pool

Another exquisite example of nature’s palette! Because I visited Yellowstone in the summer, I got the full kaleidoscope of colors. You see the bacteria in these pools react to the temperature – in summer they are bright and vibrant while in winter the colors become almost monotonic.

I do like Diane’s comment to the extreme that I may adopt it as my mantra. It’s a win/win situation! And, there’s a lot of truth in it as well. How many times have we seen the shot, taken it and discovered it wasn’t there? And the opposite is also very true. I’ve gotten credit for images that were well beyond what I shot. 

 Bonus Image


A neighbor to "Square House Ruins" is "Three Pines Ruins." Out of respect for those who have tread here in the past, we decided not to climb up for a closer look. We were able to climb the rocks across from these ruins and look in. 

My telephoto lens did just fine!

Checking in for Sunday were Michelle, Milt, Michael K., Phil, Peyton, Mrs. Beth, Joyce, and Tony. Thanks. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment