Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Week Four - "Last Stop II"


Glad you appreciated Tony's castle - it does look like Disney's Cinderella Castle, doesn't it?

I mentioned last week that I think I shot this bus from every possible angle - no you will not be subjected to ALL of them. But here is not only a different angle but a unique way of looking at it -


With the help of NIK's Silver Efex Pro 2, I was able to select and bring back the color of the yellow bus and its reflection in the water. Without this PhotoShop plug-in I would have had to spend hours to get this result - it I got lucky.


Guest Photographer - Peyton Roberts


"Yellowstone Bear"





This image was taken on Sept. 14, 2013. My wife, Dottie, and I were leaving a lookout area near a picnic area and saw this bear trying to cross the road. The bear was pretty annoyed off with all the cars and a big truck that had just crashed the scene. Since Dottie was driving, I was able to get out of our car with my 18 to 270mm lens to capture the bear.  I managed to keep a safe distance while finding a good stopping place without getting in the bear’s space.

I did very little post processing.


Close enough for me, Peyton!

Thanks for sharing this with us.


Don't forget to send me some of your favorites from 2013.


Weekly Photo Suggestion:

You will discover a lot about yourself through your photography!





  A Pearl of Wisdom. . .

Law of Bio-Mechanics 
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.



No comments:

Post a Comment