Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Week One - "Bapst Library"

My 2013 photo shoots started early in the new year with an opportunity to capture the interior of one of the most beautiful libraries in the world, the Bapst Library at Boston College. 

So, on January 8th I was off to meet up with a dozen other photographers at BC. It was bitterly cold on campus that day but the architecture of the Bapst warmed all of us quickly.



I remember moving around the back of the library trying to get the right angle with the right composition. I knew I wanted this back wall and a sampling of its textures, shapes, and designs in my image. This is one I finally chose as it had great leading lines (the chandeliers and seating) into that rear wall. My next decision was color or monochromatic. I went with the latter as I wanted you to feel what drew me into this shot - those textures, shapes, and designs.


Don't forget to send me some of your favorites from 2013.


Weekly Photo Suggestion:
Never hoard your photographic insight- share it with the world!


A Pearl of Wisdom. . .

Law of GravityAny tool, nut, bolt, screw, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible place in the universe.

On the Well-Wishes Wagon are Mrs. Beth, Joyce, Joani, Michael P., Liz, My #1 Cheerleader, and a Secret Follower (Paul C.) who actually admitted today to missing my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Joe!
    Love it! Love it being in one color! Adds character! The lines and angles of the tables direct my eyes right to the back wall. I too love texture. One of the things I often try to add in my paintings! The don't make libraries like that anymore!
    Thanks for posting!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete