Monday, January 13, 2014

Week Two - Bapst Library


Finishing off my first shoot with a creative approach to an image, "Bapst Library Compilation."



I sat back and waited for my turn to try to capture the back wall through the back of the library. I watched several co-photographers step up, set their tripods and click away. Watching the expressions on their faces, I knew they didn't get the shot they were experiencing when they looked through the opening. When my turn came, I didn't move the chair but took several shots of the back of the chair and one of the view through it.

When I got home I was able to process the opening in the back of the chair and then add in another processed shot of the back of the library. A little positioning of the wall and some cleaning up around the chair opening and I had what I saw - finally!



I have my first "Guest Photographer" and have received three other images for the immediate future. How about joining Liz and the others?


Guest Photographer - Liz Feitelberg


"Old Ironsides"



Liz comments, "Here is one of my favorite shots from 2013… we had a small group of Fire Service photographers at Castle Island for the June 4th Turnaround Cruise of Old Ironsides… we had a non-monetary bet between us to see who would get capture a muzzle flame from the cannons on the ship… I have been trying to capture that muzzle flame for five years… 

And I didn’t even realize I had caught it until I got home and looked at my photos on the computer ;-)

Thank you, Liz!

Don't forget to send me some of your favorites from 2013.


Weekly Photo Suggestion:

Have fun while taking photos.
 





  A Pearl of Wisdom. . .

Law of Physical Surfaces 

The chances of an open-faced jelly sandwich landing face

down on a floor are directly correlated to the newness and 

cost of the surface upon which it landed!



1 comment:

  1. Hello Joe!
    I am sorry I am late in commenting on this post! I did check it out some time ago and thought I did write something! Oops! Getting old!
    I love both photos. I am glad you waited your turn for the first one. Framed perfectly!
    Fun to see the fire from the cannons! Good for you! Getting it this time!
    Take care Joe!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete