Monday, March 17, 2014

Week Eleven - "Capre Hatteras Light"


Someone commented, "Frank's Big Dipper on a Moonlit Night had an eerie look to it and would make a great Hallowe'en card."


Happy Saint Patrick's Day!!


"Cape Hatteras Light"




Finishing up my time on the Outer Banks, I was able to get out to sees the iconic Cape Hatteras Light. It is easily distinguishable by the black and white stripe. No inside shot as the beacon was under construction and there was no admittance to the top.

However, I was very patient in waiting for a later in the afternoon opportunity to capture this image with the light flashing when I shot.





Guest Photographer - Milt Williamson

"Lunch at the Village Cafe"



Here's a favorite I took late last September at a local breakfast/lunch eatery I call "Lunch at the Village Cafe".

At the time a category club members were chasing was "like Norman Rockwell" when I suddenly realized this old place reeked of "Norman Rockwell".  So one lunchtime I got an opportunity with this composition and natural lighting and those few lamps. History of this store goes back to my Grandparents ice cream shop and of my parent's operating a "Village Store" here from just after WWII to the mid-sixties where I "soda jerked" while growing up in this village. Now, a young lady from the village operates a fine cafe during "season" and that is her husband to far right with a couple friends enjoying one of her culinary creations.

This image was awarded "Best Photograph" in last fall's Falmouth Artists Guild's Juried All Media Exhibition.


Thanks, Milt


Don't forget to send me some of your favorites from 2013.

Next Week's Guest is Beth Collins


Weekly Photo Suggestion:


  The definition of photography is: "painting with light." Use light in your favor.



 A Pearl of Wisdom. . .

Boyle's Observation

The first pull on the cord ALWAYS sends the drapes in the wrong direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment