Monday, March 24, 2014

Week Twelve - "Vietnam Memorial Wall"

Several followers had been in similar looking diners. Milt's image brought back fond memories!


"Vietnam Memorial Wall"


          


After spending a week of timeshare on the Outer Banks, we stopped in Washington, DC. Are you sitting down? This was my FIRST visit to our nation's capital! Sure, I have seen all of the pictures of these iconic buildings on television and in the movies but nothing compares to seeing them up close and in person!

One of the most memorable moments in DC was the Vietnam Memorial Wall. Hundreds of people stopped by to check on a loved one or a friend or a fellow vet who did not come back. Some placed flowers while others traced over the names with their fingers. The silence here was deafening! 





Guest Photographer - Beth Collins

"Liam"




So this is a picture I took of my nephew Liam at my friend's wedding. We weren't sure how well he'd do with the festivities, but as you can see from the picture Liam gives a big thumbs up for the wedding (and for toy airplanes!)

The wedding was at The Wolfboro Inn, in the Lake Winnipesaukee region of New Hampshire. The picture was taken shortly after Liam finished his 'kid's meal' of chicken tenders and fries. The dancing was just getting started, and my husband, Matt took off his sunglasses to put them on Liam. Liam's a pretty fast-moving little guy, so I was glad I caught the moment. I took the picture with a Canon Power Shot camera.


Thanks, Beth


Don't forget to send me some of your favorites from 2013.

Tony Mistretta will be Returning as Guest Photographer


Weekly Photo Suggestion:

Never let photography get in the way of enjoying life!



 A Pearl of Wisdom. . .

Johnson's Second Law of Socialization

If, in the course of several months, only three worthwhile social events take place, and, they will all fall on the same evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment