Monday, September 29, 2014

Week Thirty-nine - ""Star Trails over Mitchell Butte""




"Star Trails over Mitchell Butte"
                
                                   
     
                
            
 
              
 When I was planning my stay in Monument Valley, I booked lodging at The View. Everyone one of the rooms has a view of Monument Valley. What a spectacular sight at sunrise!

I had always wanted to try to do star trails but was never in the right place to set up to do it (one needs to be away from all bright lights). The View afforded me the perfect opportunity to try. I had my notes, my camera, my tripod and my watch to time the exposure. Usually something longer than twenty minutes will start to show results. The shot with Mitchell Butte was about thirty minutes. Because of my lodging, i was able to set up on my own private balcony, compose the shot, click the shutter, AND wait in the warm confines of my room! How's that for roughing it???



Weekly Photo Suggestion:



Shoot with confidence!
(or, at the very least be warm shooting!)




 A Pearl of Wisdom. . .


Murphy's Can't Miss Corollary


To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target!





Steven Wright's Witticisms

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Love this shot Joe! Great job! Love the view from your balcony! I would have like to see photo of you climbing the rock! Now that I think of it a photo of you taken anywhere on your journey would be fun to see!
    Leaves are beginning to change back east!

    ReplyDelete