Monday, October 13, 2014

Week Forty-one - "Upper Antelope Slot Canyon"


"Upper Antelope Slot Canyon"
                
                               
               
              
                
           

                       
            
Just down the road a bit were the ever-popular "Slot Canyons." These canyons are on Native American land and are accessed with the assistance of a Navajo guide/tour.

There are several canyons to be explored. One was closed due to heavy rains but Snake, Owl, and Upper Antelope were open for business.

Timing is everything and this was so true in the Slot Canyons. My morning tour included the guide and ME! I had his undivided attention. In Owl, he let me loose for about a half-hour to explore the narrow walled trail. For Snake, he led me through and suggested spots he has used for his Kodak Moments. Again, for these two canyons
I had them all to myself.

Things changed at Upper Antelope as I went from the peace and quiet of the previous two to the wall to wall people here! I could not set my tripod anywhere! Still the photo ops were non-stop!








Weekly Photo Suggestion:

Fresh out of them - so . . .

Just enjoy shooting!


 A Pearl of Wisdom. . .

We never really grow up, 
we only learn how to act in public.




Steven Wright's Witticisms



When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
(Or, you have arrived in Upper Antelope!)

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Joe!
    Love the photo of "Upper Antelope Slot Canyon!" One of my many "Joe Kennedy Photographs" favorites. I don't think I could limit myself to just one favorite! Great posts, as always, Joe!
    Take care and Happy Autumn!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete